26th Annual Cabbage Key Fingers O’Bannon Invitational Memorial Snook Tournament April 25-27, 2019!
O’Bannon Snook Tournament April, 25, 26 & 27, 2019!
The 26th Annual Cabbage Key Fingers O’Bannon Invitational Memorial Snook Tournament Thursday – Saturday!
The 2019 Fingers O’Bannon Snook Tournament is occurred this weekend!
“The Fingers O’Bannon Memorial Fishing Tournament is a prestigious invite-only tournament dedicated to the life and memory of the late Floyd ‘Fingers’ O’Bannon and devoted to raising money for AMI Kids on Fort Myers Beach and the Marine Science program at FGCU.
Born October 10, 1926, Fingers O’Bannon (please click here for Fingers’ background) became famous for fishing our pristine local waters. His death on September 27, 1993 prompted many to take action to remember his legacy.
On behalf of Cabbage Key and the O’Bannon family, we would like to thank all past and present sponsors and congratulate previous
winners and anglers that have made the tournament such a success year after year. As always, we look forward to your participation again this year!
Like all Cabbage Key tournaments, the tournament is a catch and release tournament that follows all state of Florida fishing rules and regulations.
Thanks again to all of the Anglers that participate in the Fingers O’Bannon Invitational.
Winners from the last several years include:
- Potts, Magnano & Price
- Fischer, Barker & Bresovits
- Walsh, Lessinger & Harrity
- Ayers, Williamson, Trammell & Lolly” 83.0″
- Wells, Kelley & Hatten: 78.5
- (Joey) Burnsed, Williams, Field & Stute: 78.0″
- Fischer, Bresouits & Barker: 76.5″
- Rinehold, Knight & Wear: 75.0″
- (Jimmy) Burnsed, Strayhorn, Edwards, Persons & Buckingham: 74.0″
- Cooke & Baker: 73.5″
- Krejci, Downes & Ewald: 73.25″
- Glass, Glass, Dooley & Dooley: 71.75″
- Johnson, Marley & Handley: 71.5″
Rob Wells, Sr. and Tracey Stute won the medallions for the biggest men’s and women’s fish. Rob’s snook was 42.25″ and Tracey’s snook was 40.0″!
- 1st Place – Shane Dooley, Sherry Dooley, Billy Glass & Jennifer Glass
- 2nd Place – Dave Hoke, Charles Edwards, Jim Thompson & Nick Thompson
- 3rd Place – Patrick Ewald, Jason Krejci & John Downes
- 1st Place – Shannen Ayers and Joe Williamson
- 2nd Place – Dan Stegmann, Ben Stegmann, Joe Szalay & Joey Burnsed
- 3rd Place – Ozzie Fischer and Adam Bresouits
- Saturday Snook Length – Mike Duff”
- 1st Place – Cooke, Berman, Baker 80.5
- 2nd Place – Edwards, Edwards 80.25
- 3rd Place – Wells, Kelley 79.25
If you have questions about tournament entry or sponsorship please contact Robert A. Wells III at Rob@tarponlodge.com or call 239-283-3999.”
We’ll be fishing the tournament on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but we’re available for Snook fishing lots of other days. We’re located at Castaways Marina, Santiva, Sanibel Island, just before the Blind Pass bridge to Captiva Island.
For more photos and/or fishing reports from our other Captains’ boats from other marinas, please also visit our Sanibel, Fort Myers, Seashell & Shelling, Florida Fishing Report and Cuban Fishing sites. Please check here for Live Sanibel Traffic Cams. Click here for College Of Fishing Hats & Apparel.
We’re big advocates of catch and release, particularly for snook, but pretty much for most species. Only take what you are going to eat, and a lot of fish are better off as sportfish, even if they are in season. Our motto is let ‘em get bigger and catch ‘em again!
Please click calendar at upper right or call 239-472-8658 to book a charter.
Whether you’re a longtime customer who has fished with us for many years or a first-time customer, expert fisherman or just a family with young children out to catch fish and have fun, you are going to enjoy being out in the boat with Hank and me! We greatly appreciate your friendship and business!
We grew up on Sanibel and Captiva fishing and shelling every day! It is what we know and do well!
If you had a good time fishing with Captain Joey Burnsed on a Sanibel & Captiva charter, please post an “excellent” review on Google Places, TripAdvisor, Yelp, or Facebook! If you had any issues at all with your charter, please let us know immediately and we’ll do everything we can to make it right! Huge thanks for doing this!
And you can like us on Facebook.
Fair winds and following seas,
Captain Joey Burnsed ~ please click calendar at the upper left or call 239-472-8658 to book a Sanibel & Captiva Islands, Boca Grande or Fort Myers fishing guide trip or shelling charter.